Donations of AEDs
Raised: $120.00 Goal: $13,200.00
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a portable, battery-operated device that can instantaneously diagnose life-threatening cardiac arrest and, through electrical therapy, restore the heart’s normal functioning rhythm. AEDs are designed to allow non-medical personnel to save lives. If a sudden cardiac arrest victim receives defibrillation within the first minute, the survival rate is 90%. Currently, it is not mandated by law for all schools or recreation departments to have AED equipment on-site, therefore this has become one of our important missions.
The Breanna Vergara Foundation is committed to donating Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) to places where children are active. The inclusion of this portable, life-saving equipment in all places of sport as part of an emergency action plan will protect the safety of athletes, spectators, coaches and officials in the event of a medical emergency. The simple use of an AED may have saved Breanna’s life.
The Breanna Vergara Foundation has donated life-saving Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) to the following locations:
– Miami Dancity Studios (Miami Lakes, Florida)
– Dance Creations Dance Academy (Hialeah, Florida)
– Real Dance Studio (Lighthouse Point, Florida)
– Intensity Dancers Studio (Miami Lakes, Florida)
– Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School (Miami Lakes, Florida)
– Dance Art Fitness Studio, in partnership with The Kiwanis Club of Little Havana (Miami, Florida)
– Miami Arts Charter School (Wynwood, Florida)
– Miami Arts Charter School (Homestead, Florida)
In Your Name
A contribution of $1,100 will fund the donation of an AED to an organization in need. A qualified organization must exhibit a lack of AED coverage for the proposed facility and must be located in South Florida. The AED wall cabinet will be personalized with your name, in partnership with The Breanna Vergara Foundation.
Each AED donation includes the following equipment:
(1) Automated External Defibrillator
(1) Carrying Case
(1) Long Life Battery
(1) Set of Adult Pads
(1) Set of Infant Child Pads
(1) CPR Ready Kit
(1) AED Alarmed Cabinet with Wall Sign or Waterproof Case
Courses for individuals to be certified in The American Heart Association HeartSaver CPR/AED program are available for an additional fee.